Remark

This blog started with an old safe I bought with unknown content and combination. It describes the process of opening, finding the origins, contents and mechanics of the safe.

The posts are closely relate to each other and should probably be read in chronological order. Therefore, if you are visiting this blog for the first time you might want to start reading with the oldest entry and work your way back to the present time.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The safe arrives

Today the safe was delivered by the seller. It was easier to move than I expected, due to wheels that allow it been pushed sideways. I estimate the weight top be somewhere between 100 and 200kg. I could easily manoeuvre it into the basement.

My first impression is that it looks better than on the pictures. For some reasons the safes surface appears rusty on the photos.


I am publishing more photos of the safe here:
Safe Photos

The seller told me that he bought the safe in an household auction after the owner died in a car accident. The drill marks next to the dial and the cut marks in the base were already there when he acquired the safe.

The make of the safe as stated on it is:
Herring Hall Marvin Safe Co Hamilton Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment